To protect against Identity Theft, we urge our members to educate themselves concerning ID Theft and Internet Scams. Below are useful links to aid in this process:
- FBI – Common Fraud Schemes:
- Anti-Phishing Working Group:
In the unfortunate event that you become a victim of ID Theft, the Federal Trade Commission recommends you take the following actions (for detailed information visit http://www.ftc.gov/idtheft):
- Place a fraud alert on your credit reports, and review your credit reports.
- Close accounts which you know, or believe, have been tampered with or opened fraudulently.
- File a complaint with the FTC.
- File a report with your local police, or the police in the community where the theft took place.
For further information or assistance with ID Theft, please contact your local branch Member Service, or the FTC’s ID Theft Hotline: 1-877-438-4338.
Disclaimer: Links to other websites found here are provided to assist in locating information. Crane does not provide, and is not responsible for, the product, service, or overall website content available at a third party site. Crane neither endorses the information, content, presentation, or accuracy nor makes any warranty, express or implied, regarding any external site. Crane’s privacy policies do not apply to linked websites. You should consult the privacy disclosures on any linked site for further information.