Work to ensure quality service in the Business Services Department; maintain records and files on all business loan requests; analyze financial statements of business members to recommend loan approvals; ensure that business loans are in compliance with Board Policy, regulatory guidelines and applicable laws and regulations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Answers incoming calls from members and branch staff concerning business accounts and provide support in explaining policies and procedures; directs member requests to the correct person to handle the type of request.
Track annual financial statement reviews as well as rate reviews, covenant requirements, and maturities on existing loans.
Assist in establishing and sustaining successful small business member relationships that assist members by recommending the appropriate credit union product or service.
Works with the lending management team to ensure the highest standards for member satisfaction through timely resolution of member services issues, complaints, and problems.
Work within the department to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulatory guidelines.
Reviews loan approvals to determine the necessary due diligence needed to adequately protect credit union assets. Where needed, inserts conditions for closing to ensure that the adequate level of due diligence is performed. Assist the Business Loan Processor where needed to perform the closing condition due diligence (see next item).
Orders outside vendor work (appraisals, title commitments, flood certifications, Environmental Database Reports (EDR) to comply with conditions for closing in loan approvals; reviews title commitments and EDRs for potential red flags which might impact the credit union’s collateral position, refers any potential defects in the lien priority to the Business Services management as needed.
Prepare business loan documents in accordance with the business loan approval and applicable laws and regulatory guidelines; selects correct documents on Compliance One software system to adequately attach collateral to the loan; refers any questions about appropriate documentation to MBL management to ensure correct documents are used.
Books and funds loans in accordance with the business loan documentation; enters and maintains all tracking codes to ensure quality reporting on all organization and board reports.
Builds and maintains business loan files and ensures all documentation is complete to properly ensure lien perfection.
Responsible for gathering the appropriate and complete business and personal financial information necessary for CCU to make sound credit decisions.
Trains to analyze member financial information using the Sageworks software and to recommend appropriate action, including approvals, denials, counter offers to loan officers. Trains to recommend the appropriate action to the requisite approval authorityu2014officer, VP Business Services, and business loan committee.
Maintains a working knowledge of the Business Loan Policy in order to ensure compliance in order to ensure member financial information, loan risk ratings, and loan structures are in compliance.
Has a general working knowledge and annual training of BSA/AML
- Conduct business according to high standards of honesty, fairness and integrity.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities and recommend the appropriate CCU products and services.
- Provide and maintain reporting requirements of all business loan requests and existing business loans.
- Cultivate strong working relationships and build trust among credit union staff and members.
- Explain clearly and concisely Credit Union policies and procedures to all employees as required.
- Provide informed, professional and accurate service to all members and credit union staff. Assist in the development of new and improved business products.
- Work within the department to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
Knowledge and Skills:
One year to three years of similar or related experience.
A high school education or GED.
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical and reasoning ability.
- Strong software skills, including excel, word, and ability to learn detailed financial analysis software (Sageworks).
- Willing to infrequently travel as needed to software classes and seminars for Compliance One documentation and Sageworks financial analysis.
This job description is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities comprising this position.